The BLE sensor reference application is an Ubuntu Core app that will run on Itron IoT Edge Router. The application demonstrates the collection of sensor measurements from sensors connected to the IoT Edge Router over Bluetooth low energy (BLE). The sensor used in this reference application is a TI Sensor tag. Communication between the sensor and the IoT Edge Router is done over BLE.
Obtain UUID of TI Sensor Tag
- Power On the TI Sensor-tag so it can be detected from the IoT Edge Router board.
- Scan the TI sensor tag using the hcitool lescan command (installed as part of BLE Reference Snap. It should provide the UUID that is required to connect to TI sensor tag
Obtaining the Security Token from the Itron Data Platform
- To store data in the Itron Data Platform, the IoT Edge Router reference application should have an OAuth token (API key).
- Each call must include an Authorization http header that specifies the token. A token is obtained with a Client ID and Secret API key. Your client ID and Secret can be obtained from your developer account. See Create an Account.
Software Update if Needed
Log into the dev account on your IoT Edge Router (user=dev; pass=starfish) and
- Download the IoT Edge Router reference snap application from GitHub:
- Install the snap:
sudo snap install --dangerous --devmode starfish-sensortag-app_0.3_armhf.snap
To upgrade the snap when a new revision becomes available:
- Download the new snap from GitHub:
- Remove the previous snap:
sudo snap remove starfish-sensortag-app_0.3_armhf.snap
- Install the new snap:
sudo snap install --dangerous --devmode starfish-sensortag-app_X.XX_armhf.snap